We have been so busy the last few days, that by the end of the day I’m too tired to blog.

Tuesday through Thursday we tore up wood flooring, and Friday we finally got to start laying the new flooring in the kitchen and living room. This vinyl plank flooring is pretty neat. We rolled out pressure sensitive adhesive around the perimeter of the room. Once it was set, we started laying the planks. They aren’t tongue and groove or click together, so you plop them down and abut to the previous row. The most time consuming part of the process is cutting the funky pieces, but you can use a box cutter for the straight cuts and we used the awesome new oscillating multi-tool for the trickier cuts. I say we, but Shawn did all the cutting. My job was laying the full pieces. It took us about 5 hours to get the kitchen and dining area done. We still have lots to go since we intend on putting it throughout the house, but it is so nice to have a few rooms done, and it is so much quieter than the bare plywood. Our knees are toast.

While we were waiting for the glue to set, we took the opportunity to explore our new acreage. Friday morning was clear and sunny, so it was a great day for a walk. We were trying to figure out the boundaries of our property which is not as easy as one would think. The house sits at an angle on the lot, so the corners of the lot are hard to figure out. The previous owner marked one of the back corners, but we could not find the other back corner. The back half of the property is wooded and the front half is grassy. A seasonal creek runs through it. We saw many fresh signs of deer.

We had a quick chat with our driveway neighbor. He gave us the rundown on the other neighbors. Below us are the “hippies”; they grow plants under grow lights. To the west is a retired Costco butcher. Shawn is pretty excited about meeting him. Across the road is a gunsmith; quality of work unknown. We were also warned about the guy down the road that likes to get into everyone’s business. He was described as “drives a Toyota Tundra, smokes small cigars, is a self-proclaimed expert at everything, and has about five teeth.”

Today, our last POD arrived so we spent the day getting it unloaded. As with the previous PODs, the unloading commenced in the snow. We woke up to a few inches of snow on the deck and ground, but by afternoon the sun was out again and almost all of the snow had melted. I was so happy to have my washer and dryer setup. Unfortunately, I have absolutely no idea where the laundry detergent is. I think that will be the story of our lives for the next few weeks as we begin to unpack.

Tonight, after another long day of physical labor, we sat in a couple sections of our sectional sofa facing the windows and enjoyed the spectacular view and sunset.